Welcome to banana_crackeri a community dedicated to the hilarity that is Doctor Who Crack!Fic and Cracky!CrossoverFic!
You’ve had a hard day. The boss is riding your tail, the kids are all up in your grill, and the significant other is just plain ridiculous. All you want to do once you drag yourself home, put the kids to bed, and set the partner down in front of the Wii; and then you want to park at the computer and read a good fanfic, right?
But what to read? A heart-pounding romance? Some soul-crushing angst? Edge-of-your-seat drama? Quivering-in-your-loins smut?
Nah, you want some good, ol’ fashioned crack, don’t you?
banana_crackeri is the comm for you! We have fic, prompts, and manips all designed to make you laugh out loud at their ridiculosity! Have a randomly obscure crossover that needs a home? Bring it over and pimp it! First Doctor/Belle du Jour? Consider that a prompt... go write it! What happens when Five goes on "The Hollywood Squares" and tries to displace Paul Lynde from the Center Square? We want to hear what happened, too. Anything your twisted little minds can come up with, we welcome (within reason, of course…see comm rules for details).
...Because bananas are good, but crack(fic) is better!
1) All "adult" fic, manips, graphics, etc. MUST be posted on your own LJ, and linked from The Banana Crackeri. All pairings, genres, and ratings are welcome. BUT if you have adult content in your story, include an appropriate warning in your format when posting.
2) While all ratings are accepted, this is not an excuse to write something truly vile, religiously, socially, or otherwise offensive and you know, well, illegal.
3) SHIPPING WARS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Please be kind to your fellow writers where their tastes are concerned. This community encompasses the entire Whoniverse.
4) All graphics must be hosted on your own LJ or other hosting service such as Photobucket. Don't hot-link. It isn't nice.
5) Employ the LJ-cut please! Don't clutter up people's F-lists. If you do not know how to do an LJ-cut, please see the LJ cut mechanics at the FAQs. We understand the LJ challenges right now. The best thing to do right now is learn how to code your own cut while in the HTML tab. It is really easy and saves a lot of headaches. Here is a handy cut and paste deal:
6) We shouldn't have to remind people of this, but PLEASE play nicely. The Whoniverse is a really big sandbox. Do not engage in any drama. Do not harrass, flame, or start a fight with others on pairings, subject matter, or anything else. If you have a problem with someone, contact one of the mods. Malicious snarkery and stinky behavior will get you banned.
7) Format your post using our handy-dandy format. Here is an example:
Title: [WHAT YOU CALL YOUR MASTERPIECE OF FICTION, ART, ETC.] Operation: SnakeHole London Rating: [G, GENERAL, PG, TEEN, R, ADULT, NC-17, ETC...] Teen Genre: [CRACK, CRACKY CROSSOVER] Cracky Crossover with Parks & Rec Pairings or Characters: [WHO IS IN IT?] Ten II/Rose Tyler, Parks & Rec characters: Tommy and Jean-Ralphio Warnings: [IF IT COULD SQUICK SOMEONE, PUT IT HERE: LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE, SEX, 70'S FASHION...] Mild British expletives Summary: [WHAT IS IT ABOUT?] Jean-Ralphio and Tom Haverford try to woo the Vitex Heiress as a source of funding for their new London nightclub. Author's Notes: [This isn't necessary, but here is an example.] Crossover with the fantastic NBC comedy, Parks & Recreation. Written for this TTU Ficathon prompt by zazie11